Solid, liquid, gas and… Superfluid?
One moment it’s trapped in a container like water, then it’s flowing uphill, or escaping through tiny pores it couldn’t previously navigate.
Strange things happen when you cool Helium to within a few degrees of absolute zero - it loses all viscosity and literally no longer experiences friction.
This video is two mind-bending minutes on a truly cool state of matter - superfluidity.
- tainergy-solar-taiwan-amin-sahm reblogged this from kill3rtcell
- polishingrocksinyour reblogged this from thecraftychemist
- theblondeastronaut likes this
- kill3rtcell likes this
- aimhigh-kickhigher reblogged this from mr-olive
- mr-olive reblogged this from viva-la-kevolution
- viva-la-kevolution reblogged this from thecraftychemist
- viva-la-kevolution likes this
- polishingrocksinyour likes this
- escudilla likes this
- thecraftychemist reblogged this from backwardinduction
- recursiverecursion likes this
- thesummerofmark likes this
- differentialprincess likes this
- backwardinduction reblogged this from kill3rtcell and added:
- tannyo reblogged this from kill3rtcell
- archyoda77 likes this
- petdrcapaldi reblogged this from kill3rtcell
- petdrcapaldi likes this
- aboutastorm likes this
- kill3rtcell posted this